Upton Country Park Open 2021
Rules and Regulations
- All work must relate to the theme "Wild".
- You may submit two 2-dimensional works (paintings, drawings, textiles, digital, handcrafted prints, etc (sorry not photography) AND/OR two 3-dimensional works. .
- All 2-dimensional works (with the exception of textile wall hangings), must be suitably framed, or on unframed canvas, and must be fitted with mirror plates half way down each side. This is a requirement of the insurers regarding public liability and work will be rejected if not mirror-plated. Metal or clip frames will not be acceptable. All frames must be in sound and clean condition.
- When considering the scale of work, entrants should be aware that exhibition space may be limited.
- Three-dimensional works must be free-standing or capable of being hung from the cross-beams. On the grounds of safety, all 3D work must be either light in weight or very stable and not capable of being pushed over. The organisers will risk assess work if necessary and reject if not suitable.
- Please ensure all works are clearly labelled on reverse with title, name of artist, medium and price. In addition, for cataloguing purposes, please attach a second label on string to hang below the bottom of the piece (to assist in labelling).
- We would remind entrants that work should not be offensive to family viewing.
- All selected entrants must agree to steward the exhibition for at least one half day. You are responsible for arranging someone else to cover for you if necessary. Please note, if you fail to turn up for stewarding and do not organise a substitute, you might be responsible for the closure of the Gallery for that half day.
- All selections and prizes will be at the discretion of the Selector, her decision will be final and correspondence will not be entered into after the selection day.
- Whilst reasonable care will be taken, PEDAS and The Gallery Upstairs are not responsible for the security of your work. Entrants will be responsible for insuring their work if they so wish.
- The successful entrants will need to collect their unsold work at the close of the exhibition on Wednesday 22nd December between 9:30am and 1:00;m - Any uncollected work will be disposed of.
- All those entering the Open Exhibition agree to be bound by these rules and regulations.